PE and Sport Premium
The government provides additional funding for maintained schools and academies to 'improve the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of pupils so that they develop healthy lifestyles'. Schools receive approximately £8,000, paid in installments over a year.
In 2013/'14, we received a total of £8,786. Follow the link below for details of the year's intended actions, spending and the impact of the funding.
In 2014/ '15, we began to organise our plans for development across 4 key areas: [a] improving opportunities for our pupils to experience and take part in 'competitive sport'; [b] 'increasing participation'; [c] enhancing 'training for staff'; [d] raising 'children's attainment'.
For a detailed break-down of allocation, our plans for targetted spending and evaluation of impact, click on the link below:
Our plans for 2015 - '16
Last year, one of the key aspects of our action planning for PE, was taking on a Sports Apprentice through a Loughborough College programme. As a PE/ Games specialist, Miss Watson works alongside our teachers to support the planning, assessment and delivery of sport and the related curriculum.
Swimming was introduced as a new part of our PE curriculum last year and having had such positive feedback from parents/ carers and members of staff, I felt one of our aims must also be to maintain our half termly blocks of class sessions.
This year's allocation: £8,360 (financial yr, Apr 2015- Mar'16)
Our targets this year include:
- To improve access and opportunities for children to experience competitive sport within our curriculum;
- To maintain and build upon the [%] of children accessing PE clubs, to 75% (last yr 61%);
- To increase the [%] of children joining in with physical activity throughout the day - with a focus on ‘early’ development of gross motor skills and core strength;
- To provide training for members of support staff, enabling them to lead and deliver physical activity;
- To embed the ‘Rawmarsh’ assessment system, to inform pupil progress and attainment
Please follow the link below for further details of how last year's funding was spent:
Spending and impact for 2016/ '17
Follow the link below to view the academic year's spending and the investment insport and physical activity.